Monday, June 17, 2013

Welcome to 40, The Water Is Just Right


Today’s Fashion Attire:  Black cotton dress with stud detail around the neck and the waist (White House Black Market $50) black leather heels (Rockport Outlet $29) silver hoop earrings (H&M  $2.90)

Outfit Justification:  This is my final week of my 30’s, I’ve opted to wear as many of my flattering black dresses as I can fit into this week.  I’m going into my fabulous 40’s like a true fashionista, rocking an LBD (Little Black Dress).

Welcome to 40, The Water Is Just Right:

After a year about me moaning and complaining, this week has finally come the end of the third decade of my life.  I have gone through all the stages of grieving with turning 40….and I’ve finally come to the acceptance stage.  In my final week, I’m calm and content about it.  

I’m going into this new decade armed with a bunch of good things.  First, there’s my healthy and stable romantic relationship, second, a few really good friends who have really stood by me, third, skills that set me apart from other people that will only grow to improve in my 40’s, finally self knowledge and confidence that can only come with maturity.   Will all of these things working in my favor, I don’t have to focus on the things that I don’t have because it doesn’t matter. The beauty is that I’m still alive and can still continue the pursuit of those things.

40 represents a new era of things to come. I believe my future is bright.  And I get to start this decade off with one helluva party.  I’m really looking forward to spending a wonderful evening with my loved ones and celebrating me, the way I love to celebrate: by wearing a fabulous outfit, singing my heart out and enjoying music.  I also look forward to being carded and getting the response “You’re 40, you look like you’re in your 20’s”.

Farewell 30’s, it’s been real and interesting.  My blue streaks and I are ready to enter all the fabulousness of 40.  And it will be done with true style!

No comments:

Post a Comment